where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: She's now a Sadie, Sadie, Married Lady. *sigh* [>]
:: According to The Ethical Philosophy Selector, thes... [>]
:: I am going to be volunteering at SxSW. I didn't g... [>]
:: What Classic Movie Are You? [>]
:: Last night at the gym Rose recognized me in the ch... [>]
:: Saturday morning I went to Target and bought: Mic... [>]
:: She is getting married next weekend, not eloping. ... [>]
:: My crew preferences for SxSW: 1. Interactive Prog... [>]
:: I have applied to Mixed Breed Rescue for a dog. W... [>]
:: It was so strange knowing that Kirk was back in Au... [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Some people have a lot of time on their hands.

Last night The Simpsons episode was "Lisa the Vegetarian", my favorite episode of all. I just love everything about it. I even got a little choked up at the end, as the pig flew across the screen to "Maybe I'm Amazed". Anyway, I wanted to read more about it, so I went to The Simpsons Archive for that episode.

I can't believe that people actually listened to the ending credits enough times to get this:

"Lentil soup recipe

Several readers managed to piece together the lentil soup recipe Paul speaks backwards over "Baby I'm Amazed" during the closing credits. Tom Collins lists it as:

- one medium onion, chopped
- two tablespoons of vegetable oil
- one clove of garlic, crushed
- one cup of carrots, chopped
- two sticks of celery, chopped
- half a cup of lentils
- one bay leaf
- one tablespoon of freshly-chopped parsely
- salt and freshly-ground pepper to taste
- two and a quarter cups of vegetable stock or water

At the end, it sounds as though Paul says, "Oh, and by the way, I'm alive," no doubt trying to quell the rumors about his death."


First off, the title is "Maybe I'm Amazed". Secondly - you people are obsessed! I thought I was strange for having certain quotes memorized, but these people are WAY more into it.

| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.