where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: Saturday morning I went to Target and bought: Mic... [>]
:: She is getting married next weekend, not eloping. ... [>]
:: My crew preferences for SxSW: 1. Interactive Prog... [>]
:: I have applied to Mixed Breed Rescue for a dog. W... [>]
:: It was so strange knowing that Kirk was back in Au... [>]
:: She is definitely pregnant and we discussed the di... [>]
:: Yesterday I noticed that she called me on my cell ... [>]
:: Thoughts on 2003 Valerie got married. I turned 2... [>]
:: I am starting this blog because I want a place to ... [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Thursday, January 22, 2004

Last night at the gym Rose recognized me in the changing area. I had just finished thirty minutes on the treadmill and was headed to the weights, when I heard, "Elizabeth!" I thought it was just part of someone's conversation until they said it again and I realized they were calling me. And it was Rose from high school. She looked the same. I never realized how short she was. Perhaps I've grown (hah!). She told me she's working for the Texas Observer and is planning on starting to teach in the fall. I asked about her older sister Eileen (who I called "Elaine"). Apparently she just finished law school and her husband is finishing up med school. I asked Rose how long she'd been coming to the gym and she told me since before she got married. So both these girls are married?

Driving home I realize that besides my sister all my girl-friends are married now. Driving through my apartment parking lot, I remember: Kimberly's not!

For some reason, this gives me satisfaction.

| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.