where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: "He's just not that into you" [>]
:: I. am. in. shock. [>]
:: my quest for Spearmint tea ends thus [>]
:: Single gal onion soup [>]
:: Adam has completed the task I assigned him [>]
:: Blogthings - You Are a Pundit Blogger! [>]
:: Happy Thanksgiving. [>]
:: "DH" in Newsweek [>]
:: George Crumb in Austin [>]
:: the door was kicked in [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Friday, December 03, 2004
I wish I could use the soup peddler

The Soup Peddler is working with Manos de Cristo to sell tamales (I found out yesterday). The week the tamales come in, he is making soups to go with the tamales. He sent out information about it to his list and we have received over forty emails so far from his customers ordering tamales. If you are a Soup Peddler customer (I'm not, b/c I live in North Austin), please order some tamales! They are for a very good cause.

The Soup Peddler - Home

Also, if you aren't a customer, you can still order tamales from Manos de Cristo. Manos serves the people of East Austin through a dental clinic, clothes closet, food pantry and ESL (as well as citizenship) classes. You can purchase tamales (for a limited time) by calling the office at 477-7454. I believe they are $7.50 per dozen, and you have your pick of chicken, pork, bean (I think) or jalapeno. I am quoting this all from memory, so please call the office for better information. Help Manos help others!

There is no current webpage for Manos right now, unfortunately. Feel free to call the office for more on what Manos is all about. We are going to get a site set up very soon, I promise! I've been badgering them since January to do it.


| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.