where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: Crown Heights, Ann Richards and a VERY strange mov... [>]
:: The Good, the Bad, and the HorribleThis weekend I ... [>]
:: Whatchu talkin' 'bout? Last night I made cookies, ... [>]
:: Spalding Gray, 62, Actor and Monologuist, Is Confi... [>]
:: Cookie Pressure Both Bubby and Radmila have cooki... [>]
:: One of my favorite songs Closer to Fine by the Ind... [>]
:: Almost time Well, SxSW starts next Friday. My vol... [>]
:: I repeat. . . You're Turkey! You have a good... [>]
:: Huh? You're The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy... [>]
:: I am 74% (Dixie). Apparently that's a "pretty str... [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Thursday, March 18, 2004

Yes, I was surprised too


Mandy Moore and Macaulay Culkin are actually pretty good actors! I got to watch Saved last night while I was volunteering on film crew (I stood through most of it). I was surprised and pleased at the frankness of the film. It is a satirical film, but in some aspects it was dead-on. Having gone to to a private, Southern Baptist school for elementary school and middle school, I recognized some characters and events: the snotty girl who is "saved", the singing of praise songs in chapel, the pastor asking for kids to come down and be "saved". I think those factors were correct, and they almost shocked me in their truthfulness. Overall, I enjoyed the film and the acting. I felt it chickened out at the end, giving you a typical Hollywood ending to an otherwise atypical mainstream film. I'll have to recommend it.

I didn't get to stay for Dead and Breakfast. I took a fellow volunteer down to 6th street, since she was looking very pale from lack of food. I hope she got to her bar okay.

I had a strange and frightening thing happen to me while driving home on IH35. My eyes have been prone to itchiness lately, which I'm sure is allergy related. Last night, my eyes started burning while I was driving, and started tearing so much, they wanted to close completely. It totally freaked me out. There was no spot to pull over, so I got off at my parent's exit and was able to recoup at the stoplight there. Luckily my mom had eyedrops that worked. I don't know what caused it, but I've never had an attack like that before. Ack!

I met an interesting guy on my crew last night. He was surprised that I had a blog, and that people actually read it. Maybe he didn't get the voyeurism part of it. I'm kind of hoping to see him again. He was attractive in a strange way. . .

| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.