where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: The Good, the Bad, and the HorribleThis weekend I ... [>]
:: Whatchu talkin' 'bout? Last night I made cookies, ... [>]
:: Spalding Gray, 62, Actor and Monologuist, Is Confi... [>]
:: Cookie Pressure Both Bubby and Radmila have cooki... [>]
:: One of my favorite songs Closer to Fine by the Ind... [>]
:: Almost time Well, SxSW starts next Friday. My vol... [>]
:: I repeat. . . You're Turkey! You have a good... [>]
:: Huh? You're The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy... [>]
:: I am 74% (Dixie). Apparently that's a "pretty str... [>]
:: Thoughts on Sunday evening on Congress So I had m... [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Wednesday, March 17, 2004

Crown Heights, Ann Richards and a VERY strange movie


Last night I met Mel at the Dobie and we waited to see Crown Heights. While we were trying to figure out where to wait, we noted Erik Palladino (again!) and Mel thought she saw someone with hair like Ann Richards. Well, later in line I pointed out, it was Ann Richards. My theory is that she came to town to promote the BBQ film she narrates, made sure to catch Bush's Brain, and decided to see Crown Heights while she was here. It was a neat little film with a great story, albeit a tad cheesy in parts. I really liked the style of it, and the documentary we watched afterwards. Apparently it was made for Showtime and is on this month, so you might be able to catch it if you have Showtime. I'd recommend it - it's a good little made-for-TV film about one community's attempts to deal with the relations between Hasidic Jews and the African-American population.

As for I love your work, which we were able to catch right afterwards, I don't know. As an art film, it is awesome. The colors, costuming, set design, cinematography, and even some of the writing were all really good. Still, I found myself checking my phone for time and wishing it would end soon. When it did end, I didn't get it, although I did somewhat expect the ending to be what it was. But who was Nicky Katt's character, anyway? I might recommend seeing it when it's out on DVD. Or maybe watching it earlier in the evening would be better, too.

Tonight, I'm working during Saved and Dead and Breakfast(starring our fave, Erik Palladino!). I'm hoping to leave early once that one starts - I don't do horror films, even campy ones. I've heard good things about Saved, so we'll see.

| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.