where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: Ha.Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis. "You do not ... [>]
:: My life is rated PG-13.What is your life rated? I ... [>]
:: Yes, I was surprised too Mandy Moore and Macaulay ... [>]
:: Crown Heights, Ann Richards and a VERY strange mov... [>]
:: The Good, the Bad, and the HorribleThis weekend I ... [>]
:: Whatchu talkin' 'bout? Last night I made cookies, ... [>]
:: Spalding Gray, 62, Actor and Monologuist, Is Confi... [>]
:: Cookie Pressure Both Bubby and Radmila have cooki... [>]
:: One of my favorite songs Closer to Fine by the Ind... [>]
:: Almost time Well, SxSW starts next Friday. My vol... [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Monday, March 22, 2004

Mind the Gap is not about a clothing store


Thursday night I saw Mind the Gap, which is the best non-documentary feature I saw at the festival. It tells the stories of five different people in different regions of the Northeast USA who all happen to converge in New York City at the end of the film. The only actors I recognized in it were John Heard (a very tiny yet relevant part), Alan King, and Jill "I Kissed a Girl" Sobule. There were two actresses I recognized from "Third Watch" and the new USA show "Touching Evil", but I don't know their names. The acting and writing in the film is great. The ending was wonderful, far from cheesy (than you!). Mind the Gap is a very touching film. One scene between a father and son got me slightly choked up. I really hope it reaches wide release so you all can see it. I LOVED it, and look forward to seeing it again very soon. I would even buy the DVD, and maybe even the soundtrack.

Friday I worked at the Dobie. I caught bits of Blackballed, a mockumentary about a man getting back into the world of paintball after being kicked out for "wiping". This film was definitely more of a guy film - the humor wasn't my style and the female characters were much lacking.

Saturday night (after seeing Art Alexakis (sp?) from Everclear at Registration), I worked at the showings of Luck and Straight Jacket. Luck is a small Canadian film about love, loss and gambling. I didn't think I would get so sucked into a gambling movie, but I did. I thought it was a great little film, with fine acting and some very humorous points. This film won the jury award at the festival, and I think it deserves it.

Straight Jacket was just too campy to be very funny. I was very disappointed with it, but oh well. It was a cute idea that just ran amok. I recognized the butler in it. . . I still haven't figured out where from.

So after the festival ended, I spent Sunday in, recuperating. I feel much better now. I couldn't believe how tired I was all last week. It's amazing how much energy socializing with large groups of people takes from me.

| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.