where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: Mind the Gap is not about a clothing store Thursda... [>]
:: Ha.Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis. "You do not ... [>]
:: My life is rated PG-13.What is your life rated? I ... [>]
:: Yes, I was surprised too Mandy Moore and Macaulay ... [>]
:: Crown Heights, Ann Richards and a VERY strange mov... [>]
:: The Good, the Bad, and the HorribleThis weekend I ... [>]
:: Whatchu talkin' 'bout? Last night I made cookies, ... [>]
:: Spalding Gray, 62, Actor and Monologuist, Is Confi... [>]
:: Cookie Pressure Both Bubby and Radmila have cooki... [>]
:: One of my favorite songs Closer to Fine by the Ind... [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Thursday, March 25, 2004

I am a Barbra Streisand fan. I'm not a humongous fan - I can't gush about her songs and films, because I haven't seen or heard them all. However, I do tend to enjoy her performances in film. My sister gave me What's Up, Doc? on DVD for Christmas. Last night I watched Nuts, and I enjoyed it immensely. The plot is thus: Barbra plays an upper-class call girl who is on trial for her sanity. Richard Dreyfuss plays her lawyer, James Whitmore plays the judge determining her state of mind, and in a very disturbing turn, Karl Malden (one of my faves!) plays her abusive stepfather. If the judge decides she is insane, she gets placed in a psychiatric facility. If she is sane, she gets to go on trial for manslaughter and fight for her innocence.

I did not expect to get into this movie as much as I did (it's a lawyer movie, for one thing). However, the acting was just AMAZING and it sucked me into the story. It was worth staying up late for.

| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.