where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: Was it really worth it? [>]
:: notes on ads [>]
:: I heart Jennifer Weiner . . . [>]
:: what have I done? [>]
:: Don't blame Dave [>]
:: I can't give you anything but love, baby [>]
:: my current TV schedule [>]
:: You say, baby, ah, it ain't nothing . . . [>]
:: Mmbop [>]
:: bad movie lines and Aerosmith [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Tuesday, February 01, 2005
Fiona Range

I picked up this book at the library on Saturday. I am more than halfway through and am very frustrated with it. The writing is well-done, but the characters just aggravate me. I had this problem with Mary McGarry Morris' work "Songs in Ordinary Time". I get very frustrated with characters who continue to make stupid mistakes. I keep reading "Fiona Range" hoping that Fiona will come to see sense, that her frail cousin Elizabeth will speak up, that her aunt and uncle will tell her truth about her parentage, etc. I am skimming far too much, waiting for this moment. I had hoped that this book would be a better experience than "Songs in Ordinary Time", but no.

I also checked out a book (not on purpose) from the library that I have read before. That drives me nuts. I should probably go to another library. It is getting to the point that I have read all I care to at the neighborhood library. How closed-minded does that sound? Ah well. They only get new books in every so often.

I am also in the midst of Michael Chabon's "Summerland" that I bought at Half Price a year ago and hadn't read until now. It is quite unlike "Kavalier and Clay" or "Wonder Boys". It's somewhat Harry Potter-ish or "A Wrinkle in Time"-ey, except there's a lot of baseball and little people in it. I'm not sure what to think of it, but at least it is inventive! And I really like Michael Chabon.

| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.