where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: Would North be true? [>]
:: I can't believe it's that time again. [>]
:: I'm a conspiracy nut? [>]
:: Taos Pueblo (two) [>]
:: Taos Pueblo (one) [>]
:: "viva la raza" [>]
:: my googling adventures, vol. 3? [>]
:: my new crush [>]
:: They'll spend all their time on 6th Street [>]
:: podcasting [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Thursday, December 30, 2004
Mixed media and me

I am seriously thinking about taking an Informal Class called "Dynamic Mixed-media". Here's the description:
This class is geared for expanding your creative side by working with a combination of different easy to learn mediums and processes. You will create your own mixed-media drawings, paintings and monoprints. Specialized instruction will focus on various techniques to make interesting artwork using line, shape, tone, color and textures. Plan to spend $65 on supplies.
My favorite project in Photography class was when we did mixed-media. I had photos I juxtaposed (my favorite being a pic of downtown Memphis below a pic of the komodo dragon from the Ft. Worth zoo) and then used colored pencils and pastels on them. A couple turned out really well and I have them framed in my bedroom.

I am leaning strongly towards it, except the last class is the day before SxSW starts. And the last class is up against the SxSW mandatory bag-stuffing night (every volunteer must attend).

Yikes. I have to decide which I'd prefer. SxSW is free, this class will cost moolah. This class will teach me a lot, SxSW will wear me down. I still have a little while to decide - the class is empty as of yet, and doesn't start til February.

update: Leah proposed a solution - that I take the class when it starts in late March. So maybe I'll take "Mosaic Mania" instead!

| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.