where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: I'm a conspiracy nut? [>]
:: Taos Pueblo (two) [>]
:: Taos Pueblo (one) [>]
:: "viva la raza" [>]
:: my googling adventures, vol. 3? [>]
:: my new crush [>]
:: They'll spend all their time on 6th Street [>]
:: podcasting [>]
:: [>]
:: influenced by my movie list, I'm sure [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Tuesday, December 28, 2004
I can't believe it's that time again.

I got an e-mail yesterday from the SxSW film crew volunteer coordinator reminding us that the volunteer call is coming up. It hardly seems like a year since the last one. I remember I was standing in a long line in the downtown Hilton, waiting to go in to the large conference room and start the process. Then I saw my old high school principal, Mr. Montenegro, walk by. Behind him was someone with a nametag on from the school district where my dad works. I called my dad, asking him if he knew why this guy would be here amongst the SxSW crowd. Turns out, there was a state school administrators conference going on in the Hilton at the same time. It was pretty funny. I made some comment to the people in front of me in line, and we all got to talking. And that's how I met Melissa! The main reason I volunteered last year was to meet people, as well as get to see films for free. I haven't decided whether I want to do it again or not.

They are only having one volunteer call, so if you are a returning volunteer or a newbie, you have to go. For more information: south by southwest festivals - volunteer

update: There is the rumor that the "RW" castmembers will be somehow involved with the SxSW Music fest. Yet another reason to volunteer (or maybe a reason not to?!!). There are three conferences in all, so if you have no interest in "The Real World", you might try the film or interactive festivals. Of course, this is only a rumor.

| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.