where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: Ferry Tales [>]
:: my word. [>]
:: good night! o buena noche. [>]
:: who scheduled this thang? [>]
:: The writers for the show obviously don't have blogs. [>]
:: It's spelled "petrichor". [>]
:: thoughts on writing, and the fact that I haven't d... [>]
:: Movies that make me cry [>]
:: mash-ups [>]
:: Which Nigerian Spammer Are You? [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Monday, August 16, 2004
hang-ups

I've gotten so callous when it comes to phone solicitations. As the main one who answers the phone at work, I get to deal with all types. I used to be so worried about hurting someone's feelings (not kidding) or having them think bad of me, but now, I just don't care. As soon as I hear that tell-tale pause when I answer the phone (their system figuring out that yours is a real number), I just hang up. Luckily I don't have to deal with telemarketers at all with my home phone. Yay, no call list!

I also strongly dislike solicitors who come to our office. Even though all entry points to this building clearly state, "NO SOLICITORS", people just ignore it and come on up. Because I am face-to-face with them, it is harder to be dismissive. I still do it though. I say we're not interested, even though I usually give them a business card for their tally.

Then when they do a "follow-up call", I hang up on them.

| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.