where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: casting a spell [>]
:: I got these for a gmail invite [>]
:: mull, mull, mull [>]
:: thuh g-mail thang [>]
:: my reading of "Buried Alive" [>]
:: What Monty Python chacracter am I? [>]
:: The Bourne Supremacy [>]
:: In Her Shoes [>]
:: I wanna go home with the armadillo [>]
:: urgh and urgh [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Friday, June 18, 2004
baby news

not mine, of course. Kristina had an ultrasound yesterday, and I was slightly disappointed to be told that I would not have a namesake. It is a boy and his name will be James. I wouldn't have been so disappointed if she hadn't gotten my hopes up by saying she was going to name it after me if it was a girl. Darn it! Well, whoever it is, I'll love it the same, and call it "Elizabeth" under my breath. Just kidding!

Luckily all the stuff she and Will registered was non-gender specific (hooray for our side). It drives me nuts when parents gender their babies from birth. You can't choose your sex, but you can choose your gender. My sister babysat for this family that had two boys and the mom refused to gender her kids. The oldest boy had long blonde hair, wore his pants backwards and loved dolls. I don't think you should let the kid go crazy, but I think it is good not to paint a room pink or blue, not to buy only "feminine"/"masculine" clothing. Of course, I have no children, so take my opinion as you see fit.

I just know this boy is going to play football, whether he likes it or not. The oldest step-son plays soccer, the youngest one plays t-ball, so this one will be the football child.

| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.