where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: yeah, I got hail damage. [>]
:: [>]
:: from Melissa [>]
:: who will be the Wendy Pepper? [>]
:: Austin Film Society :: SIN CITY [>]
:: la primavera! [>]
:: dilemma. . . [>]
:: You don't have The Others. [>]
:: crappy fortunes on my writer's desk [>]
:: My contribution to Wiki [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Friday, April 01, 2005
only in my dreams - thank GOD!

I had the worst dream last night. In it, the Austin Statesman removed The Boondocks from the funnies because it's too political. Instead it was replaced with some British strip about a modern gal.

Later on in my dream (the most vivid part), I was listening to NPR. Scott Simon was hosting an interview with some muckety-muck, and you could hear Arabic in the background. Suddenly shots were being fired on the radio. Scott Simon told us Al Queda was attacking NPR. I started freaking out that such an open-minded part of our society would be attacked by the terrorist org. I ran into my parents' living room (all the sudden I was at their house) and told my dad to change the channel on his radio so he could hear. In my dream, he refused to take it off KMFA. Then I tried to find some TV news channel that would cover the attack, and no one could figure out what channel Headline News was (in real life, my parents have a different cable provider, so neither Leah nor I ever know the channels). My aunt and uncle who live in Kermit were over and they couldn't understand my frustration and fear. IT WAS HORRIBLE.

I woke up really scared, and thankful that it was a dream and not reality. In real life, this morning I went on to cut my foot on something near the kitchen, and I almost got killed on my way to carpool with my mom. I was driving on the access road to get to the house and this asshole silver truck-driver came VERY close to ending my life by swiping me. I honked for like a minute before he noticed me. He then slowed down after he realized my existence in that lane.

I was already freaked out from my INSANE dream/nightmare, hurt from cutting my foot, and this was just the last straw. I started shaking, and I was practically bawling by the time I got to my mom's house.

I will say now, the day has been very busy, but I am definitely feeling better. I think the Greek salad I had for lunch helped.

| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.