where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: thanks, Charlie. [>]
:: only in my dreams - thank GOD! [>]
:: yeah, I got hail damage. [>]
:: [>]
:: from Melissa [>]
:: who will be the Wendy Pepper? [>]
:: Austin Film Society :: SIN CITY [>]
:: la primavera! [>]
:: dilemma. . . [>]
:: You don't have The Others. [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Sunday, April 10, 2005
Bill Nye the Science Guy, and homophobic adolescents.

Flipping through channels this evening, I discover The Eyes of Nye, a new show hosted by Bill Nye. I don't know about you all, but I watched Bill Nye in high school. I swear that I learned more from his show than from my honors physics teacher. I just finished watching the first ep on Astrobiology. Good stuff, but it's just not the same! There was no dorky music video spoof.

Last night Leah and I saw "Beautyshop". There was a couple in front of us, which I thought was a mother and daughter. Not so much! When a gay character came up on screen, the adolescent got up and started saying, "fa**ot, fa**ot, fa**ot" at the screen. He got up and walked to the steps, repeating it to himself. As soon as the character was off the screen, he came back and sat in his seat. During this whole thing, I wanted to get up and talk some sense into him. Leah said later, he was fla-ming. I said, whatever, there's no excuse for that.

And, um, some of the characters from that film worked themselves into my dream last night. Which was very bizarre, including second-cousins I don't have and other strangeness.

| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.