where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: new mexico or bust [>]
:: Why I can't dogsit for the scotties anymore [>]
:: my Bloganality [>]
:: every breath you take [>]
:: My geek test results [>]
:: Click Here for Cupid [>]
:: jazz and jeff buckley [>]
:: more than just quizzes [>]
:: what famous leader am I? [>]
:: what classic movie am I? [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Wednesday, June 09, 2004
Songs from Summers Past . . .

is my theme for my CD for Charlie's summer CD swap. It will include (not necessarily in this order):

Afro-Celt Sound System (w/ Peter Gabriel), "(When You're) Falling" - I remember listening to this on the radio while driving around Columbia Heights, MN.

Fountains of Wayne, "Radiation Vibe" - I think this came out when I was in high school. Or maybe I was just a college freshman. Either way - this song turned me on to the greatness that is Fountains of Wayne, and I've been a fan ever since.

Kim Richey, "Every River" - I heard this on KGSR when I was riding the dillo to my temp job downtown, summer after freshman year of college.

Liz Phair, either "Rock Me" or "Supernova". I haven't decided yet.

Next Stop Wonderland soundtrack, "Corcovado". The film and music make me think of summer.

Dolly Parton, "Traveling Prayer" - memories of my Americorps summer!
Billy Joel, "Vienna" - ditto, plus it reminds me of my summer trip to Vienna.
Aimee Mann, "Save Me" - Americorps summer.

Backstreet Boys, "I want it that way" (unless I sold this CD) - this song reminds me of watching MTV in Italy. We saw the video about five times while we were in Rome, and we didn't spend much time watching TV. So it reminds me of my one trip to Europe.

Queen, "Crazy Little Thing" - b/c Queen is awesome!

Sheryl Crow, "Steve McQueen" - memories of our long drive to Vegas.

Putamayo Cuba, "Mecanica de Amor" - AWESOME CD. I bought it in North Carolina when we were there for the Americorps build.

Fountains of Wayne, "Mexican Wine" - last summer, when the CD came out.

If I have room, I'll try to include:

Guster, "Center of Attention"
Indigo Girls, "Ghost"
Dixie Chicks, "Ready to Run"
Nickel Creek, "Lighthouse's Tale"

These songs still remind me of summer, but not as much as my main choices.

| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.