where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: Which Family Guy character are you? [>]
:: Reflections on my turning twenty-sixI'm four years... [>]
:: Alice's lyric survey I know lots of lyrics to dif... [>]
:: Last goodbyeI can't believe it's been almost 10 ye... [>]
:: 26I turn 26 on April 26th. I'm slightly freaked o... [>]
:: Last night I was watching "Without a Trace" and Ja... [>]
:: My favorite pic of Rosie C'mon, she's cute! [>]
:: Rosie posie [>]
:: It's Rosie's birthday today! She's a tax day puppy... [>]
:: My results from the Belief-O-Matic: 1. Mainline ... [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Thursday, April 29, 2004

Last night, Melissa and I were part of a first group in line to see Hans Blix. All the local media was there, and one of the FOX reporters was asking people in front of us for their thoughts on Blix and our current situation in Iraq. We kept talking about how we would refuse to comment, as FOX is evil. We kept repeating "FOX is evil" in our conversation, especially when the older man in front of me was being interviewed. I wondered if we kept saying "FOX is evil", would the editor notice it when preparing the tape for airing? Would he be inspired by our subliminal messaging to quit? We doubted it, but we tried anyway.

I'm just basically disappointed by the local media here in Austin. KVUE is owned by Belo, and FOX News is just as bad as you would expect. KEYE, the local CBS station, is fairly decent (at least they have good evening anchors), and I don't know enough about KXAN to comment on their style. The local paper is too liberal for conservatives and too conservative for liberals, so I don't read it (plus I can't afford to subscribe). I basically get my local news from KUT, the local public radio station. My national news I get off of blogs, the New York Times, Alternet, etc. I also get news from the two magazines I subscribe to: Harpers and Mother Jones. It's sad that I've become so distanced from the mainstream media, but it's their treatment of the war with Iraq that did it. It pissed me off so much, I just stopped watching.

Plus - The Simpsons are on at 6pm here, and I have my priorities.

| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.