where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: I heard Crowded House today Everywhere you go, you... [>]
:: Athena ?? Which Of The Greek Gods Are You ?? brou... [>]
:: I experimented with my mom's digital camera, and... [>]
:: She had loved her trip to Vienna, the buildings, g... [>]
:: In the Image I'm trying to finsh In the Image by D... [>]
:: I am a Barbra Streisand fan. I'm not a humongous ... [>]
:: Mind the Gap is not about a clothing store Thursda... [>]
:: Ha.Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis. "You do not ... [>]
:: My life is rated PG-13.What is your life rated? I ... [>]
:: Yes, I was surprised too Mandy Moore and Macaulay ... [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Monday, March 29, 2004

When did I get so bad about keeping in contact with people?

Kimberly wrote me and told me that her best friend's mom committed suicide. I called her the same day I got the email telling me and realized I haven't talked to her in months! I saw her at Val's wedding, called her when I got my cell phone, and that's about it.

I used to be so good about keeping in contact. I think I got tired of being the one who always did. And this is what I get.

I really didn't know what to say when I called her, except "I'm sorry", of course. I've never met her friend or her friend's mom. I've heard about them some from Kimberly, but not enough to feel familiar with them. Apparently, the mother was very depressed and shot herself. It's really quite sad.

When she told me about the suicide, I instantly remembered one of the movies I saw at SxSW, Mind the Gap. There is a scene where one of the characters almost commits suicide, even holds a gun to his head. I couldn't watch, it seemed so difficult to grasp. I'm going to call Kim tonight to see how the funeral went. Because the family is Baptist, the service couldn't be at the church. She can be buried in the church graveyard, though. It doesn't make much sense to me.

| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.