where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: Armadillo tonight! [>]
:: Marty has a podcast [>]
:: I went to the doctor to remove glass from my foot. [>]
:: Christmas, Christmas time is here! [>]
:: the best brownie mix I've ever tried [>]
:: Zuzu's petals! Zuzu's petals! [>]
:: Lysistrata: the opera? [>]
:: could this be? [>]
:: call me corny. . . [>]
:: thanks to Rain [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Thursday, December 16, 2004
whew

Just got back from the bazaar. It was awesome! Terri Hendrix was really great. I didn't realize that Lloyd Maines played with her. The bottom of his guitar was covered with pictures of his grandkids and he announced that they were all here tonight. Ergo - Natalie Maines (Dixie Chick) was sitting about six feet from where I was standing. She was wearing a black hat and holding her baby. I actually mistook her sister for her, but then realized her hair had not gotten darker. Anyway - I love Austin. No one went to bother her or anything, as far as I could see. It was sweet. And I love Terri Hendrix's anti-Clearchannel song. I wish I could remember the words.

I also caught a glimpse of my childhood friend Hanna, working with her mom at one of the booths. Leah asked me if the man that was working with them was Hanna's husband, and I said, "How would I know if Hanna got married?" I really wouldn't know. We were in youth group together and lost touch in college. She was a very pleasant person to be around (I'm sure she still is), and when we were in junior high she taught me k.d. lang's "Full Moon Full of Love". We sang it in the stairwell of a hostel in McAllen. I let her borrow my copy of "Many Waters" and never got it back.

I'm wish her well, but I just couldn't chat with her tonight. Maybe I'll see her on the 22nd when I go back to see the Greencards.

| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.