where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: could this be? [>]
:: call me corny. . . [>]
:: thanks to Rain [>]
:: Random. [>]
:: party planning [>]
:: [>]
:: wondering [>]
:: I wish I could use the soup peddler [>]
:: "He's just not that into you" [>]
:: I. am. in. shock. [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Friday, December 10, 2004
Lysistrata: the opera?

I have just got back in contact with a college friend working at a Houston law firm. She's invited me to visit, and since she and the Houston Opera are really the only draws for me, I had to see what operas are being performed this season.

I discovered that in March, the Houston Grand Opera is performing the debut of Mark Adamo's "Lysistrata". I am intrigued by this. First off, I am familiar with the story, as I had a friend in high school who set up her own production of Aristophones' play. I can't remember which role I was stuck with, but I do know I had to wear a helmet under my robe. It was all very low-tech, but very fun.

Secondly, I loved Mark Adamo's "Little Women". I was not able to see it live, only on PBS, and just part of it then. But the ending made me cry. I never cry at operas. I just have never been so moved. But it was so well-done, simple, wistful, and great, that I got choked up. I know "Lysistrata" is VERY different from "Little Women", but I am very tempted to try it.

Now I just have to figure out how to afford a trip!

Lysistrata: Houston Grand Opera

| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.