where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: call me corny. . . [>]
:: thanks to Rain [>]
:: Random. [>]
:: party planning [>]
:: [>]
:: wondering [>]
:: I wish I could use the soup peddler [>]
:: "He's just not that into you" [>]
:: I. am. in. shock. [>]
:: my quest for Spearmint tea ends thus [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Thursday, December 09, 2004
could this be?

the most annoying song ever? Okay, it's not that bad, but almost. I'm sure this artist has better lyrics in other songs (with hopefully less predictable melodies), but "The Blower's Daughter" really reeks.

Yesterday morning my boss was telling me about this song she had heard on KUT earlier, wherein "can't take my eyes off of you" was repeated. She stated, "there are no other words in the song!" and went on about how annoying it was. I thought maybe she was referring to Kylie Minogue's "Can't get you out of my head", which while repetitive, still has a good beat and you can dance to it (as they say). But no - I was working in the copy room a little while ago and John Aeilli went on about how someone requested this song and it was from the movie "Closer" and destined to be a hit. Then he started playing "The Blower's Daughter". It started out very nicely, but then came the chorus, which seems to consist of "Can't Take My Eyes off of you" repeated at least twelve times, in a very predictable melodic form. Sheeshkabob. If that's what the kids are listening to now, I just don't know.

video: damien rice - blower's daughter

| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.