where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: this post is not about the election. [>]
:: here's a way out! [>]
:: my reaction [>]
:: a moment of silence [>]
:: afternoon at the Book Festival [>]
:: 20 years of Thanksgiving services [>]
:: velvet goldmine. . . eh. [>]
:: a short note on music [>]
:: I love Lost [>]
:: Confessions of Max Tivoli [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Friday, November 05, 2004
Ramblings on A.Word.A.Day

I have decided that Anu who puts together A.Word.A.Day is a Democrat. Or perhaps at least a third party liberal. Why, you ask? I subscribe to this email list and tend to read the quotes of the day, rather than the word. I have surmised that his quote collection during the election always reflected on war, the need for peace, and the sadness of closed-mindedness. After the election, the quotes have started being a tad fatalistic. My example - yesterday's quote:
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. -Bertrand Russell, philosopher, mathematician, author, Nobel laureate (1872-1970)
However, today's quote is a bit more comforting:
Patience is also a form of action. -Auguste Rodin, sculptor (1840-1917)
If this is not the case, and Anu really just picks random quotes for no reason, then at least I had fun making up theories. I have a feeling I'm right on base, though. It would go along with paragraph people being Democrats and math people being Republicans (Here's the column I'm referring to).

| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.