where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: I love Lost [>]
:: Confessions of Max Tivoli [>]
:: some people have social lives [>]
:: lunch at Hyde Park Bar and Grill [>]
:: WorkSafe weblogs [>]
:: S*x Without a Trace? [>]
:: Which File Extension Are You? [>]
:: I voted. Yup. [>]
:: what are my goals? [>]
:: another Minnesota memory [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Friday, October 29, 2004
a short note on music

I'm sitting here at work, listening to my launch station. "I'll Remember" by Madonna just came on, and my spirits rose. I don't know why music can influence my mood so.

In high school, the director of my magent program called me a "sensual person". Take that as you will. . . she attempted to clarify her statement, saying that she knew I would come to Spanish class and put my own music in the instructor's tape player. I would rush through the halls after my previous class so I would have time to listen to at least one song before class started. Sometimes my teacher would already have music playing, like the Gipsy Kings. When that happened, I would leave it on. Otherwise, I'd plug in my tape. My teacher didn't mind (he and my father had worked together years before), and it really set me for the rest of the day.

If I had my way, I'd have music around me all the time. I just love it that much. The music I listen to on my ride to work can hold me for part of the day because I'll get one of the songs in my head. Usually some other tune will work its way in halfway through the day.

My mother has a default tune that she always whistles. I can't do that. I always have certain tunes in my head, but never the same one for long periods of time. Although - I have had certain songs that creep in my head and keep me from sleeping. I have no explanation for that. They are usually songs I don't like, and it is always a specific phrase of the song that just repeats over and over. Yuck.

I probably should get one of those iPod thingies. I'll wait til they go down to double digits (Ha!).


| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.