where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: Thanksgiving in 60 minutes [>]
:: one life to blog [>]
:: with resignation [>]
:: Santa Rita Sideways [>]
:: yeah, Friday night, whatever. [>]
:: computer recycling [>]
:: besides a Hippopotamus. . . [>]
:: Veteran's Day (originally posted at nycuon) [>]
:: unfaithful thoughts [>]
:: one of my favorite things [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Wednesday, November 17, 2004
Chicken Breasts in Foil with Tomatoes, Olives, and Parmesan

Last night Melissa came over to watch The Amazing Race premiere. Since she had cooked me a nice pasta dinner a while ago, I felt like I owed her the favor. I tried this recipe from the Food Network site. It seemed quick, easy, and still yummy. I got off work early to go get supplies at the store. I went and checked on my mom's dog, then went to the apartment and got to work.

I had put the chicken breasts in the fridge to defrost, but they were still frozen. So I had to defrost them. While I was doing that, I cut up the tomatoes. Since I don't care much for tomatoes, I don't use them often, and am afraid I cut them the wrong way. Anyway, I oiled up the foil and set about five tomato slices down. The chicken had defrosted by this time, so I set it on top of the tomatoes and sprinkled thyme and pepper, with lots of shredded Parmesan. I had cut up some large black olives (yum) and sprinkled those on. Then I folded up the package and set it in the fridge.

I got to watch about twenty minutes of Gilmore Girls before Melissa got there. Then I heated the skillet, put some olive oil in it, and added the package. About two minutes after I did that, Melissa commented that she was surprised the detector hadn't gone off, there was so much smoke. It started smelling like something was burning after five minutes, so I removed it from heat. I opened the package and it looked done! The tomatoes had melted and burned on the foil, so we couldn't eat them. I put it on the plates and sat down to watch TV. As I cut into the chicken, the insides were still pink! So we put the chicken back in new foil (added more cheese) and set it in the oven for ten minutes. Still wasn't done, so did it for ten more minutes. Finally it was done (phew) and edible.

It came out pretty good after all that, but next time I won't use so much thyme, because it tasted strange with the Parmesan. And I definitely won't use the skillet idea. I'll just put it in the oven in the first place.

| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.