where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: I am so pissed. . . [>]
:: Texas Ranch House [>]
:: Alton Brown and me [>]
:: boocoos of g-mail invites [>]
:: I love these ads [>]
:: just what is chick-lit? [>]
:: 31 days of Oscar blogs [>]
:: Fiona Range [>]
:: Was it really worth it? [>]
:: notes on ads [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Monday, February 14, 2005
Valentines Day is for lov losers

Okay, I stole that line from a card Leah and I saw at Target yesterday. I don't really feel that strongly about today. Basically, I don't care for it either way. There was one Valentine's day in college when I had an admirer who bought me a chocolate rose. He also gave me two tickets to see Sheryl Crow (for me and my then-roommate Kristina) when he couldn't come with me. He was really quite sweet, but I wasn't attracted to him at all. I think he was attracted to me because at the beginning of school, we sat next to each other at a choir dinner. We both got fortune cookies with the message, "Happiness is seated right next to you". Now if we had gotten together and had kids, wouldn't that be a nice cheesy story to tell? But no, it just didn't happen. Last I heard he was managing a symphony in Ohio, and my friend Alice said his girlfriend looked like she could be my twin. That's a tad scary.

This afternoon a couple of women in my office were serenaded by some Chord Rangers. It was very sappy, but sweet. Being serenaded is embarassing to me. My first memory of such was at a Mexican restaurant (now a Chinese buffet) where a mariachi band sang feliz cumpleanos a mi, and I started bawling. I think I was about 6. My parents never put me through that again. I've gotten much better about it now, but having a barbershop quartet sing to me - I just don't know.

Maybe if they were all really cute. I think could deal with that.

| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.