where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: are you old? Read this and find out. [>]
:: 26 and menopausal [>]
:: Happy birthday, Mr. Cage! [>]
:: photos for gmail invites, vol. 4 [>]
:: photos for gmail invites, vol. 3 [>]
:: that shootout in Columbia Heights [>]
:: Austin Film Society :: Gay and Lesbian Images in G... [>]
:: do I have a choice? [>]
:: Frank Deford 's got the touch [>]
:: pictures of Japan [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Thursday, September 09, 2004
strange remembrances

I just started watching The Tender Trap on TCM, and I keep thinking of the last time I watched it - the morning of September 11, 2001. I had just woken up (at this point I was still unemployed) and turned on TCM immediately. It's still one of my favorite channels. I can't remember at what point it was that my mom called me, but I was pretty into the film. She told me that a plane had hit the World Trade Center and I was only listening halfway. I'm lousy on the phone when the TV's on. She told me to turn to a morning news show, and that was it for me. About 45 minutes later I flipped back to TCM, and it was showing the same coverage everyone else was.

So those two things are forever connected in my mind - The Tender Trap and September 11. It's a strange relationship, but there it is.

And the thing is, I have yet to see the film all the way through. We'll see how far I get tonight.

(I wanted to do an audio post on this, but audioblogger is wonky, again.

| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.