where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: Happy birthday, Mr. Cage! [>]
:: photos for gmail invites, vol. 4 [>]
:: photos for gmail invites, vol. 3 [>]
:: that shootout in Columbia Heights [>]
:: Austin Film Society :: Gay and Lesbian Images in G... [>]
:: do I have a choice? [>]
:: Frank Deford 's got the touch [>]
:: pictures of Japan [>]
:: Which literature classic are you? [>]
:: sowin' the seeds, the birds and the bees. . . [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Tuesday, September 07, 2004
26 and menopausal

I talked to Kristina this weekend and she told me that when she called our mutual acquaintance LM to tell her about Julian's birth, LM mentioned that she recently realized that she is going through menopause. LM just turned 26 the day Julian was born.

Kristina told me, "Menopause is a symptom of a syndrome that they have diagnosed her with." I reminded her that LM was born with Turner's Syndrome, and had to take hormones when she was much younger. It is still disturbing to find out that she doesn't even have a chance to have kids. She told Kristina, "I didn't want kids, but now it's not even an option." Apparently fertility is extremely rare among those with the syndrome (less than 1%).

I feel extremely sad for LM; she had so many emotional issues already, and she didn't really need this. I still don't imagine I can deal with her right now. Maybe I'll send her a card or something.

"Sorry you've got menopause"? I just don't know.

| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.