where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: guilty admission [>]
:: must-watch video [>]
:: why didn't they just take the sign down? [>]
:: random ACL note [>]
:: my recovery from ACL fest [>]
:: ACL II: before Elvis Costello [>]
:: ACL I: Broken Social Scene [>]
:: old home week? [>]
:: thoughts on Garden State (wherein I am almost hit) [>]
:: more on the concert tonight [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Wednesday, September 29, 2004
strange days

I talked to Kristina last night, which affected the dream I later had. I dreamt that I went back to New Mexico, and William and Kristina welcomed me, even though I had just been there. They told me I needed to rent a car, and I could get one for 60 cents a day down the road. I got to see Julian, but not hold him.

Then I was at some strange version of a local church where the volunteer celebration was being held. I was in a dress, running up and down balconies in anticipation of my welcome speech. I was looking for L, the executive director, trying to get my speech from her, and couldn't find her. I finally did (after a while) and she gave me her notes for my speech, written spread out on fifty business and post cards. She gave me the deck of them, and I couldn't make any sense out of them. I told her I was going to just wing it, and someone would have to translate for me. I never got to do my speech because the audience kept singing hymns. I woke up about this time.

I must be more nervous about my speech tomorrow than I thought. I think I'm merely anxious because I haven't heard from S yet about what they want me to say. I did e-mail her Monday threatening to make something up if I didn't get my speech ASAP. I'm afraid I may actually have to do just that, and make do with my own mediocre Spanish translation.

I went to EBP for church on Sunday morning to announce the celebration and invite everyone to come, and I introduced myself and my sister: "Mi nombre es Elizabeth y esta es mi hermana, Leah." I realize I should have said, "Me llamo Elizabeth" or something to that effect, but the speaker up front informed me in Spanish that they offer Spanish classes on Sunday morning. Ack!

| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.