where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: thoughts on Garden State (wherein I am almost hit) [>]
:: more on the concert tonight [>]
:: strange remembrances [>]
:: are you old? Read this and find out. [>]
:: 26 and menopausal [>]
:: Happy birthday, Mr. Cage! [>]
:: photos for gmail invites, vol. 4 [>]
:: photos for gmail invites, vol. 3 [>]
:: that shootout in Columbia Heights [>]
:: Austin Film Society :: Gay and Lesbian Images in G... [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Thursday, September 16, 2004
old home week?

Sunday, Leah and I and the rest of the church-hopping group went to University Presbyterian Church where none of us felt too comfortable. I was uncomfortable because of the dress I wore; I guess because I wear them so rarely I am ultra-self conscious when I do (plus this dress shows a bit of cleavage). ANYWAY -- Leah instantly found her friend from camp, and while sitting with her, was discovered by someone else from camp - Emily.

I recognized her, but am hesitant to admit that I didn't want her to recognize me. We weren't that close at camp. I talked to her anyway and we had a nice "what are we up to" discussion. The item we didn't discuss: her sister, Helen. This was the first time I had seen anyone from Helen's family since her murder. It was so strange.

Every now and then Helen will come to mind. Something random will remind me of her. Not that we were at all close when she died. She was just an important part of my childhood, and forever involved in my memories of camp. She was my first real pen pal. We would see each other for a week or more during the summer and then write each other during the rest of the year about our crushes and favorite songs. I distinctly remember Martika's "Toy Soldier" being discussed in a couple of the letters.

I'm getting slightly shaky writing this. . .

suffice it to say, it was bizarre to see Emily. I'm glad she's doing well, because someone had told me that she had been in trouble. I can't remember who - oh, it was Matt. I think.

Matt, who I also thought of while we were at UPC. Urgh.

I came to work Monday and discovered an email from an acquaintance from school who had found this site by looking up "Luckett Hall" (see this post from June) after hearing of its being demolished. It really made me think of how much personal stuff I am putting on this blog. Should I be less personal? If so, there's really no point to keeping this blog. I've got my other one, after all. I still don't know what I think about people who just barely personally know me reading this. I know Leah and Alice read it, but that's about it. Other regular readers are people I've met through the blogosphere.

That's probably all from me for the week, although if I remember, I'll try to do some audio posts from the music festival this weekend.


| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.