where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: decisions, decisions [>]
:: Control Room audiopost [>]
:: construction deadlines and gender and generation c... [>]
:: Reflections on my drive through Northwest Austin [>]
:: AOL IM [>]
:: um, it doesn't look like I've done much traveling. [>]
:: What Happened in 1978 [>]
:: why broadband radio is great [>]
:: hang-ups [>]
:: Ferry Tales [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Thursday, August 26, 2004
tonight and chaos

My first board meeting as President is tonight. I'm not really looking forward to it. I think it is going to be long (not by my fault) and there will be some angst between people. I have to try to stay neutral, which I can do, but I can't handle loud, brash people very well. I'll let you know how it goes.

My president's report:

President’s Report - 8/26/04

As was e-mailed to all of you, P---- resigned as President as of July 22, so I am now serving as President. I’ve got some pretty big shoes to fill, but know that I will work to the best of my ability with all of you, L--- and everyone at MdC to make sure that we use our resources responsibly to help as many in need as possible. I am encouraged by the success of our Back to School drive. I hope that you will keep me updated on issues regarding M---. I will certainly try to remain available for discussion and conversation, although e-mail is my preferred form of communication. My e-mail address is xxxx, and my phone numbers are xxx (work) and xxxxx (cell/home).

We have a new board member coming on from U---- Church. A-- has worked and is still working with various other local non-profits, as well as serving on the mission committee of U--, and I know that we will benefit from her knowledge and experience. She has already attended a fund development meeting and has already given us some great input and ideas.

I am looking forward to the branding package that the fund development committee will present to us at our next meeting in September. I am especially excited about the prospect of a new web site for our organization, as this will be another way for us to spread the news about MdC, and potentially get more donors (not necessarily just from the central Texas area) and volunteers.

As the fund development committee will report, the volunteer celebration is almost upon us! On September 30 we will celebrate our volunteers and the great work MdC is doing. Involvement of board members is needed for this celebration by helping lead groups through (our supposedly finished new office building), helping set up cake and refreshments, and other such tasks. Please let S-- or me know as soon as possible if you are unable to come.

Thank you for all the work you continue to do for MdC!

| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.