where or when

"It seems we stood and talked like this before
We looked at each other in the same way then
But I can't remember where or when. . ."



previous posts
:: I'm currently very annoyed by my image situation. ... [>]
:: Mark Dayton kicks a**! and I voted for him! While ... [>]
:: Get Fuzzy today is a must read. Oh my goodness, i... [>]
:: Another Sojourners find "We reject the false doct... [>]
:: Wisdom from Sojourners: "As long as we want to ge... [>]
:: Happy Cinco de Mayo! [>]
:: It means I watch Gilmore Girls too damn muchLast n... [>]
:: It is crazy how many people are visiting my other ... [>]
:: I copied this from Rebekah's site. How well-read a... [>]
:: I have added commenting ability to this blog. I d... [>]

:: Current Posts [>]

links
:: all about E [>]








Get Firefox!
Tuesday, May 11, 2004

A Wrinkle in Time


Last night I watched the TV movie adaptation of one of my favorite books of all time, A Wrinkle in Time. It was a pretty good adaptation, although nothing like I imagined when I read it. They updated it to current day, and peppered in some modern references: the mom looking up "tesseract" online, Charles Wallace and Calvin watching a video of the dad, Meg saying she knew what CDs and video games Charles Wallace liked, etc. The acting was pretty well done (although I was shocked to see Kyle Secor from Homicide in it). I thought the ending corny - they added some moments of extreme cheesiness. The movie was 3 hours long (with ads), and I think without the worst scene, it would have been 2 hours and 45 minutes. I wish the ending had stayed more faithful to the book. There were other factors I didn't appreciate much, but overall, it wasn't bad. I'm glad I got to see it, and I really hope it encourages people to check out the book.

| | link


Creative Commons License
All original work on this site, unless stated otherwise, is licensed under a Creative Commons License.